Looking for answers to all of your HR and Benefits related questions? You are in
the right place. Simply type your
question into the search box and
Ask HR!
developed by HR Unit IT
& HR Communications

Removing My Other Qualified Adult

Question: How do I remove my OQA from my benefits?

Answer: University policy requires you to remove your OQA from your U-M benefits within 30 days of the date your OQA is no longer eligible. You need to complete the Notice of COBRA Qualifying Event form and submit it to SSC Benefits Transactions by fax at 734-763-0363 within 30 days. To avoid additional premiums and imputed tax liability, report the change as soon as possible.
Article #406


Posted: 26 Mar, 2009
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this site. However, if any provision on these documents is unclear or ambiguous, University Human Resources reserves the right to interpret the document and resolve the problem. If any inconsistency exists between this site and any written plans or contracts, the actual provisions of the latter will govern. The University in its sole discretion may modify, amend, or terminate the contents of these documents with respect to any eligible individual - including active employees, retirees, and their dependents.