Looking for answers to all of your HR and Benefits related questions? You are in
the right place. Simply type your
question into the search box and
Ask HR!
developed by HR Unit IT
& HR Communications

Other Qualified Adult Will Become My Spouse

Question: I have an OQA on my benefits and we are getting married. Do I need to do anything?

Answer: Yes. You need to complete a Dependent Information Form and submit it to SSC Benefits Transactions by fax at 734-763-0363 within 30 days of your marriage to ensure the elimination of imputed tax liability. 
Article #405


Posted: 26 Mar, 2009
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this site. However, if any provision on these documents is unclear or ambiguous, University Human Resources reserves the right to interpret the document and resolve the problem. If any inconsistency exists between this site and any written plans or contracts, the actual provisions of the latter will govern. The University in its sole discretion may modify, amend, or terminate the contents of these documents with respect to any eligible individual - including active employees, retirees, and their dependents.